Who Are We?
Grace Temple Church exists to bring people into a relationship with God through Jesus Christ, to draw them into a Christ-centered community, and to help them grow in their faith.
That’s what drives every decision we make and guides every conversation we have.
This is what we’re all about.
It’s who we are.
Our mission is to reach others with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Grace Temple is focused on three key areas: RELEVANCE, TRANSFORMATION and OWNERSHIP.
We provide teaching, music and environments that are RELEVANT to all; helping people experience TRANSFORMATION; and giving people the opportunity to take OWNERSHIP of their faith and their church as they grow, give and serve.
Before any weekend service, special event, or ministry activity, we ask these questions:
• Is it relevant?
• Will it change lives?
• Will it give people the opportunity to take ownership?
Our nine core beliefs—about God, People, the Church, the Bible, and Christ’s return—are the foundation of this church. This is what we believe.
• There is ONE living, sovereign God who eternally exists and is active in the lives of people. (Rev. 1:8, Is. 43:10-11, Deut. 6:4, Matt. 28:19)
• Jesus Christ was fully God and fully human, yet had no sin. Jesus willingly laid down his life and after three days, rose from the grave. In doing this, Jesus fulfilled the payment for the world’s debt of sin. (Luke 1:31, 35, 1 Cor. 15:3, 2 Cor. 5:21)
• The Holy Spirit was sent to convict the world of sin and to empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. He lives in every believer and is a constant helper, Teacher and guide. (John 14:16-17)
• God created people in his image, and everyone matters to God. (Gen. 1:26-27, Gen. 5:1-2)
• All people are sinners and need God’s forgiveness. (Rom. 3:23)
• Those who confess and turn from their sin, trusting in Jesus Christ, will be saved by grace and become children of God, with the promise of eternal life. (John 3:16-17, Gal. 3:26)
The Church, The Bible and Christ’s Return
• Jesus Christ is the head of the church and all believing people are members. (Eph. 4:15-16)
• The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (2 Tim. 3:16-17)
• Jesus Christ will return and there will be a final judgment. (Matt. 24:3, 37)